When people say time flies, they are not kidding! It seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was rocking my sweet baby girl safely in my arms. This is the worst picture of me but one of my favorites of me with Amanda. Ah....safe with mommy where she belongs. I was a young 23 year old mom. I had no idea how to take care of her. I didn't even babysit when I was growing up. Now I had this little preemie baby who depended on me. The hospital staff taught me CPR and some things to look out for when we brought her home. I was scared out of my mind! Once we got her home I was constantly checking on her to make sure she was still breathing. I LOVED her SO much and I wanted to make sure that nothing ever happend to her. She's 22 years old now and I still feel the same way......
The question I get asked most about Reece is "When you were pregnant did you know he had Down syndrome?" The answer is no, I did not and honestly I'm glad I didn't. Knowing me, I would have gone through my whole pregnancy worrying. It wouldn't have done anyone any good. I don't understand people who say that they want to know so they can prepare. Prepare for what? If you're prepared for a typical baby to enter your life then you're prepared for a baby with Down syndrome. All the reading, Google searches, etc., can be done once the baby is here. Well, that's just my opinion. After Reece was born I joined every Down syndrome group I could, read every book out there, and researched like it was my new job. The best advice I can give anyone about a child with Down syndrome is to treat them just as you would treat any child...end of story.
For those of you who aren't local we have our Coffee fundraiser going (right side of the blog). We also have the Amazon fundraiser. Just use the Amazon search link on the right side of my blog when making purchases and a percentage of sales goes towards our fundraiser. And finally, if you just want to chip in I have a link for that as well.
Well, it's been a long day so time to log off and get some much needed rest.
Love,
Judy
Fifteen years later I had my precious son Reece. Once again, I'm in Heaven and this time I'm not so nervous about the whole mommy thing.
The question I get asked most about Reece is "When you were pregnant did you know he had Down syndrome?" The answer is no, I did not and honestly I'm glad I didn't. Knowing me, I would have gone through my whole pregnancy worrying. It wouldn't have done anyone any good. I don't understand people who say that they want to know so they can prepare. Prepare for what? If you're prepared for a typical baby to enter your life then you're prepared for a baby with Down syndrome. All the reading, Google searches, etc., can be done once the baby is here. Well, that's just my opinion. After Reece was born I joined every Down syndrome group I could, read every book out there, and researched like it was my new job. The best advice I can give anyone about a child with Down syndrome is to treat them just as you would treat any child...end of story.
So, as you all know....I get to have another baby in arms and YES I do know that he has Down syndrome. We have videos of him and tons of pictures which I can now share with you!!! I love him and I can't wait to have him home with us where he belongs.
This is our son......
For those of you who are local, don't forget to come by the house Halloween night to help fundraise to bring baby "R" home. The ship is just about ready!
For those of you who aren't local we have our Coffee fundraiser going (right side of the blog). We also have the Amazon fundraiser. Just use the Amazon search link on the right side of my blog when making purchases and a percentage of sales goes towards our fundraiser. And finally, if you just want to chip in I have a link for that as well.
Well, it's been a long day so time to log off and get some much needed rest.
Love,
Judy


What a handsome little boy! And the ship is amazing.
ReplyDeleteWe've enjoyed watching the ship's progress from down the street and the kids are looking forward to it on Halloween. My youngest loves having Reece at after-school care :)
ReplyDeleteThank you both very much!
ReplyDeleteHi Judy. I found your site through Reece's Rainbow. I would love to help fundraise to help bring your baby boy home. No better time to help someone than the holidays right :). Please let me know if I can help.
ReplyDeleteTake care.