Thursday morning we got word from our agency that we have been matched!!!!! What this means is the file for the little boy we hope to adopt has been pulled for us. I'm not able to give specifics at this time and I won't be able to ever mention his country on this blog. If you're interested I can whisper in your ear but I have been told that it's best not to give any specifics about the country we're adopting from on our blog. Technically, the little boy I'll refer to as baby "R" isn't ours until a number of things get done but to me he's ours. He is my son, no matter what happens I feel that in my heart.
This process is moving alot faster than I expected. We've gone from "is this boy available?" to "you're matched!" in a short period of time. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit panicked! We have so much to do!
We just sent our homestudy application to the agency so that process will be underway shortly. Kinda weird that folks will be diving into our lives to see if we're "good" parents. Baby R's file is on our way to us which will contain information about him (medical history, his real name, his current status, etc.) and yet more paperwork to complete. I honestly don't know how long it will take to bring him home but the sooner the better. I don't want him to be in the orphanage one more day than he has to. The challenge at the moment is fundraising. You may be wondering why we're adopting if we don't have the money on hand. Well, that's simple. Not having money shouldn't keep anyone from doing what's right. End of story.
Much love,
Judy
This process is moving alot faster than I expected. We've gone from "is this boy available?" to "you're matched!" in a short period of time. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit panicked! We have so much to do!
We just sent our homestudy application to the agency so that process will be underway shortly. Kinda weird that folks will be diving into our lives to see if we're "good" parents. Baby R's file is on our way to us which will contain information about him (medical history, his real name, his current status, etc.) and yet more paperwork to complete. I honestly don't know how long it will take to bring him home but the sooner the better. I don't want him to be in the orphanage one more day than he has to. The challenge at the moment is fundraising. You may be wondering why we're adopting if we don't have the money on hand. Well, that's simple. Not having money shouldn't keep anyone from doing what's right. End of story.
Much love,
Judy
Judy I'm so happy for you and your family... and especially baby R! He's so lucky to have you fighting for him!! Good luck!! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome, I know you have a lot to do but this boy is lucky to have the parents he is going to get. Stay calm and "git-er-dun"
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! I'm sooooo excited for you all!! Little man is going to come home to an awesome family!! Keep us posted! Love you guys! xoxo Donna, David & Aidan
ReplyDeleteWow! This is the BEST news! You are a "Go Getter" and when you put your mind to doing something, it happens! What a gift for you ALL! Another bundle of love for your family. God Bless you All.
ReplyDeleteSharon