Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fundraisers

I really hate asking for money.  Back when we were fundraising for Danil it didn't bother me so much because it was going towards Danil's fund which would hopefully catch the eye of a potential family....and it did!  Within a month a family had committed to him and he's now home with his family :)  Supporting other families in their fundraising efforts is so rewarding.  So now it's our turn and I'm having a hard time asking for help.  I figure if I offer something for your money then it makes me feel better.  Of course you can always give if you just want to give....we have a chip in button on the right side of this blog.  At the moment it's not tax deductible.  Once we're matched and committed to this little boy, I can set up the tax deductible chip in. 

Fundraiser #1

 

We have a new online fundraiser with Just Love Coffee!
For those of you who love coffee, this is the site for you and a great opprotunity for you to help us with our fundraising! :)  The thought of having to raise tens of thousands of dollars to adopt a child is overwhelming.  It’s most often the obstacle that stands in the way of a family’s commitment to adopt.  In the first two years of business, Just Love Coffee has given over $200,000 to adopting families.  Isn't that amazing?  Please consider checking out our storefront and placing an order.  For every bag of coffee purchased $5 will go towards our adoption fund.  You can also purchase t-shirts, travel mugs, hats, etc.  Don't forget to share our store link with your family and friends.  https://justlovecoffee.com/robinsadopt

Fundraiser #2


 We also have the Amazon.com fundraiser going on. 
The next time you shop Amazon just use the search box on the right side of this blog and a percentage of sales will go towards our adoption fund!

Fundraiser #3 (Oct 31st)
 By popular demand the pirate ship is coming back!  This will be our 3rd year and this time it will be a fundraising event!  Scott is making the ship a lot more interactive and photo's of your precious kiddos can be taken with a donation to our adoption fund.



This morning Scott and I were talking about all the things we need to get done for the adoption.  We have the fundraisers, adoption paperwork, home study, preparing the house, adoption class, travel.....the list goes on.  I was a bit overwhelmed this morning and then I saw this post on facebook and my worries drifted away.  This is a good thing, not just for this boy or our family but for all the orphans who need a voice. 
  

Thank you all for your love and support!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment