Saturday, August 4, 2012

How it all Started

Reece was around 2 years old when I learned of Reece’s Rainbow.  Andrea Roberts, owner and founder of Reece’s Rainbow belonged to the same Down syndrome group I belonged to and she had reached out to me since both our boys are named Reece and have Down syndrome.  I decided to check out her website and I've been hooked ever since...helping to advocate, fundraise, and support adoptive parents of children with special needs.  I’ve wanted to adopt for several years but apparently both parents have to be ready….hahaha!  I knew Scott would come around!  
I have to be honest, sometimes it’s not easy.  There have been many nights where I felt so sick to my stomach to see what these children in orphanges and mental institutions in Eastern Europe endure.  I'm not ashamed to say I've cried and I mean hard. No human being should ever be treated this way…EVER!  What keeps me going is knowing that Reece's Rainbow is making a difference and seeing those before and after photos of the children who get adopted.  I'll have to see if I can get some of those pics posted here.  You will be amazed how much a child changes with the right nourishment, medical attention, and of course LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. My friend, the beauty of you never ceases to amaze me. I am so blessed to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy please keep us all up to date on your amazing journey. Not many people in this world have the right attitude and love to do what you do, your an amazing woman, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete